Small businesses have different needs, and different resources, than large corporations when it comes to Business Continuity Planning. While large corporations may decide to hire BCP consultants to craft a customized detailed business continuity plan for their operations, which can be complex and geographically distributed, small businesses may need a less complex business continuity plan template which is straight forward and easy to implement by internal resources.
Specifically, small businesses are seeking a BCP template which has the following:
- A template which allows the business to save time versus developing a plan themselves from scratch, and save money by not hiring outside resources to write a plan for them.
- A standard format which is comprehensive but can be adapted to different organizations and businesses.
- Clearly explained easy to follow BIA (Business Impact Analysis), coordinated with RA (Risk Analysis) which enables the business to quickly and easily prioritize critical operations based on risk to the business.
- Templates for testing the BCP.
- Reporting templates for presenting BCP information to stakeholders and management.